Israel terror attack : Cops thwart Jerusalem terror attack at Temple Mount

Jerusalem terror attack 2017 : Israeli police managed to thwart a potential terror attack at Jerusalem’s Temple Mount by killing three gunmen on Friday morning.

Two policemen were killed in the firing while two others were injured in the operation to flush out the terrorists from the sacred site of Temple Mount at around 7:00 AM.

According to the latest Israel terror attack incident, the terrorists had started to open fire at a police group near Lions’ Gate in Old City.

The terrorists were all young and were later identified as Muhammad Ahmad Mahmoud Jabarin of 29 years, Muhammad Ahmed Fadel Jabarin of 19 years, and Muhammad Hamed ‘Abd al-Latif Jabarin of 19 years, all hailing from the Israeli city of Umm el-Fahm in the Haifa District.

They were equipped with a handgun, a couple of Carlo Gustav rifles, and a knife as per a report in Jerusalem Post on the Jerusalem terror attack.

Temple Mount in Jerusalem old city

Temple Mount in Jerusalem old city. Photo courtesy of Jerzy Strzelecki/

A police spokeswoman Luba Simri has been quoted in the media on the Israel terror attack as saying: “When they (terrorists) saw policemen they shot towards them and then escaped towards one of the mosques in the Temple Mount compound.

“A chase ensued and the three terrorists were killed by police.”

Subsequent video footage which was shot by a mobile phone showed a number of police officers chasing a man and shooting him to death near Jerusalem’s holiest site.

Reports are that Hamas television channel Al Aksa has hailed the Israel terror attack as a heroic one. Palestinian terror groups Hamas and Islamic Jihad lavished praise on the Temple Mount terror attack carried out by the three Arab Israelis.

Israeli police are believed to have detained several Waqf officials for questioning. The authorities are working out on how the three terrorists could make their way despite heavy security.

Initial indications are that one of the security guards may have compromised to allow the terrorists. A number of Wakf guards have been reportedly arrested by the Israeli police with their cell phones confiscated.

The Temple Mount which is also known as the Noble Sanctuary and Haram esh-Sharif was closed for the day as per orders from Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. All gates to the Jerusalem Old City were also closed in the aftermath of the Israel terror attack while Friday’s Muslim prayers at the holy site were cancelled.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *